All UW-Madison academic programs are required to complete and submit an annual assessment report to the Office of the Provost.
Below you will find instructions for how to:
- Submit reports via the online AEFIS portal
- Access saved or submitted reports
- Print and export reports
Steps to Submit a Report
The following instructions for submitting an annual assessment report are also accessible as a downloadable PDF file.
Step 1: Complete the Annual Assessment Report Worksheet.
Step 2: Copy and paste this URL: https://go.wisc.edu/bq1onf into Google Chrome (do not use Firefox or Safari as there are known technical issues with those browsers).
Step 3: Enter your UW-Madison NetID and password if you are not already logged in. You will then be redirected to the online portal, which is hosted by AEFIS LLC, UW-Madison’s partner for providing digital learning assessment tools.
Step 4: Select the program you would like to submit a report for from the drop-down menu and click on the blue “Continue to Form” button.
*Note: If you are submitting a report for more than one program, make sure to save or complete/submit the report for one program before moving on to the next.
Step 5: Enter the required demographic information. The following fields are required:
- Name of administrative (academic) unit (e.g., department)
- Email address
- If you are not the department chair/director or director of graduate studies (DGS), provide name of department chair/director or DGS who designated you to submit the report
- Academic year (This report is for AY 2018-19.)
Step 6: Your program learning outcomes will be presented as they appear in the Guide. You will need to provide assessment activity information for at least one of the learning outcomes.
- Check the box next to the outcome of your choosing to enter the assessment activity information. (The letters and numbers are identifiers of plan/program codes and are used for sorting purposes only.)
- If the assessment activity applies to multiple learning outcomes, you must complete the information for one learning outcome before selecting additional outcomes.
- To enter the activity information, a list of entry fields will appear beneath the outcome you select.
- Answer all of the questions that are presented, which will include:
- What type of assessment was conducted? Select either direct assessment or indirect assessment. You may opt to select both if you are describing two different assessment activities that apply to the same group of students (e.g., student responses on an essay question were evaluated using a rubric and the students were also surveyed). You will be asked to provide information for each assessment activity conducted.
- How many students were assessed? Enter a whole number.
- Provide a brief description of how the assessment was conducted. Include: who was involved in the administration of the assessment activity, who was assessed (description of the students) and what was assessed (student work or survey analysis).
- Optional: Include any instruments/rubrics/scoring guides. Upload as a .pdf, .xlsx, or .docx file.
- What percentage of students assessed met the criteria for this outcome? Enter a number expressed as percent.
- Briefly describe the analysis of the results of this assessment. Include how the results were compiled and analyzed, how the results were disseminated to faculty/other stakeholders, what discussions among the faculty occurred and what were the key findings.
- Based on the results, are there any recommendations, improvements or changes needed (programmatic, curricular, administrative, relative to learning outcomes, etc.)? If so, please include an expected action plan and timeline.
- If you would like to upload additional references or documentation, you may do so here. This is not required. Other documents may include assessment reports provided to discipline-specific accrediting agencies or other professional organizations.
Step 7: Selecting multiple learning outcomes – If the assessment activity applies to multiple learning outcomes – after answering all of the questions above and uploading any supporting documents – scroll back up to the stated outcome in blue and click on the “+” symbol. This allows you to select other outcomes that your answers apply to.
*Remember: You must complete all of the responses before selecting the additional outcomes.
- After clicking on the “+” icon, a pop-up window will appear with the list of your program’s learning outcomes. Scroll and select all of the learning outcomes that were assessed using the same assessment activity. After selecting additional learning outcomes, scroll to the bottom of the window and click “Close.”
- The “Updates” notation on the left will list all of the additional learning outcomes (codes) you selected for this assessment activity. The additional learning outcomes will also appear checked. Your responses will apply to all of the outcomes you selected, and you will only enter them one time.
Step 8: Repeat the steps above for each additional assessment activity – Select the learning outcome of your choosing by checking the box next to it, answer all of the required questions and, if applicable, select the “+” icon to have your responses apply to multiple outcomes.
Step 9: Select “Continue Later” to save your responses if you are not ready to submit your report. When you have completed all of the sections and are ready to submit, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “I’m Finished, Submit” button (blue).
Step 10: After clicking the “I’m Finished, Submit” button, a pop up box will open. Click “Yes, Submit the Form.”
How to Access Reports
To access incomplete reports that still need to be completed or reports that have already been submitted, visit your AEFIS Dashboard. *Note: Unless you have used AEFIS previously (e.g., for course evaluation surveys), you will not have a designated dashboard until you begin a report.
In the “My Forms” widget in your Dashboard, select the report form that you want to view and/or print by selecting the blue pencil.
How to Print and Save Reports
To print and/or save a PDF file of your submitted reports, select the “Export” option and the appropriate drop-down.
Next Annual Report Due
December 2, 2019
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Office of the Provost